Welcome to Wiser Living 2015 at the Minnesota State Fair!
Where you will find Smart Solutions for Aging Well!
We may be getting older, but we can all get WISER about the products, services and activities that help us all stay young at heart! Come visit our wonderful exhibit and entertainment partners!
We are open from 9am to 9pm and are located on Cosgrove Drive, just in front of the 4-H Building and in between the Education and Fine Arts Buildings. Don’t miss these smart solutions for aging well!
- Next Door Housing – Come tour a Tiny House!
- SwingScapes – Try out these nostalgic glider swings!
- Joe’s Cabinet Cabinetry – Universal Design for your kitchen!
- Beyond Barriers – Accessible Living for All!
- IMED Mobility – Demo creative mobility options!
- MedLife Solutions – Products to help live your life with ease!
- Minnesota ReBath – Barrier free bath ideas!
- Vision Loss Resources (August 28, Sept 1 & 4) – Helpful products and services for vision loss!
- Hearing of America (Sept 3, 5, 6) – Personalized hearing care products and services!
- Catholic Eldercare (August 31) – Vibrant senior housing options!
- Comforcare (August 27) – Innovative home care services – check out Alive Inside screening!
- 2015 FRONT PORCH SCHEDULE HERE
WHAT is Wiser Living?
WISER LIVING is designed to showcase smart solutions for helping us all age well. We might be getting older, but we can also get “wiser” about the many products and services available in our communities to maximize independence, choice & fulfillment as we age and care for ourselves and others.
The exhibit also features the “Front Porch” stage, with daily speakers, demonstrations and entertainment to attract fairgoers and provide additional opportunities for public education and fun.
WHERE is Wiser Living?
Wiser Living is located on the outside of the 4-H Building, right along the trolley and parade routes, on the same bustling street with these ever-popular state fair exhibits: Education Building, Creative Arts, Home Improvement, Fine Arts, and the EcoExperience.
WHEN is Wiser Living?
Wiser Living at the Minnesota State Fair will take place August 27 – September 7, 2015. The exhibit is open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. each day.
WHY Wiser Living?
The “Baby Boom generation” has hit its peak. The population of people age 65 and older will double in Minnesota over the next 15 years (660,000 today to 1.3 million by 2025). More Minnesotans will want and need to “age in place,” often with chronic health conditions, and will benefit from becoming wiser about solutions to age well and more easily care for others.
WHO is Wiser Living?
Wiser Living is an award-winning exhibit presented by the Minnesota State Fair, in partnership with Older But Wiser Living. Together, we invite agencies and businesses to partner with us to showcase smart solutions for serving the growing needs of older adults and caregivers. Join us in 2015 as we welcome these great organizations and more:
- Alive & Kickin
- Beyond Barriers
- Catholic Eldercare
- Chmielewski Funtime Band
- Hearing of America
- Joe Otto Enterprises
- Lakeshore Players
- MedLife Solutions
- Minnesota ReBath
- Plymouth Rockers Senior Chorus
- Pretty Good Players
- Summer Time Quartet
- TPT’s Next Avenue